The Mighty Cats are committed to remaining a powerful team to be reckoned with each and every year. There is a significant ongoing need to improve and upgrade facilities from the day they are installed. Technology moves faster than anyone can anticipate, and it is the aim of the Mighty Cats to have leading edge player, coach and support facilities to ensure our club achieves the best results possible.
You have the opportunity to assist us with maintaining leading edge facilities and programs required for the Club and team to continually perform at our peak. The Club believes it is in the following areas that we can create and maintain a competitive advantage:
- High Performance Equipment Needs – provides our players and coaches the necessary gymnasium and sports science equipment to ensure our team is able to train and perform at its peak;
- Talent Identification Programs – allows us to find the best players, coaches and staff and give them the opportunity to play with the Mighty Cats through a wider and more thorough identification network worldwide;
- Player Development Programs – ensures we can provide our players with a broad football education so they can be the best they can be both on and off the field. This is achieved through leadership development and specialist coaching programs;
- Coaches and Football Staff Development – our coaches and other football staff strive to be better all the time to give the Mighty Cats the edge. This program provides our coaches and football staff professional development so they can help our club be more successful at what we do; and
- Sports Science Initiatives – science is providing more information which can be used to improve how players and coaches are able to perform. It is the Club’s aim to be at the cutting edge of sports science data, resources and facilities. One recent addition to the Cats is the purchase of GPS systems to more accurately provide information about individual team members’ performance.
Our club is committed to remaining a super-competitive team over the long term, and your donation will greatly assist us in achieving this.
The Geelong Cats Community Foundation is a registered deductible gift recipient and all donations over $2 are fully tax deductible to the donor.